Completing any construction project can be a daunting and overwhelming task but White Rose Construction Services Ltd (WRCS) are able to provide a service that allows you to stay in full control of the project but at the same time sit back and have the peace of mind that the project is managed on your behalf in a professional and productive manner.
You have decided to start your Construction Project…..what next??? Below is a series of steps that are all part of the WRCS service that will guide you through the project to ensure it is a successful one.
1. Contact WRCS for a free initial consultation – This is a chance to meet WRCS, review the work you are looking to complete, discuss budget expectations and learn more about the detailed service you would receive by using WRCS.
2. WRCS Quotation - WRCS present the client with a proposed quotation for management of the project.
3. Existing Layout – Upon approval we will complete a full measurement survey of the space and provide the client with a full set of existing AutoCAD plans of the renovation space.
4. Proposed Layouts – Preparation and presentation of detailed ‘proposed’ AutoCAD plans including a specification sheet that will specify everything from framing procedures to paint colour.
5. Detailed Designs - Detailed AutoCAD drawings will be prepared regarding ‘sensitive’ finsihing aspects of the work, for example a fireplace elevation with integrated shelving nooks or tiling layouts in a washroom
6. Permits – Upon approval of the drawings and specifications WRCS will prepare and submit the required building permits on your behalf.
7. Trade Pricing – WRCS will contact various local trades to acquire pricing for the various disciplines involved in the project, WRCS will handle walkthroughs of the project with each trade, review their quotations once submitted and present them to the client. WRCS will typically provide 2-3 quotation for each discipline and provide recommendations but ultimately the client notify WRCS who has been awarded the work.
8. Award Letters – WRCS will issued formal award letters to the successful trade and acquire informatin such as WCB clearance letters and insurance coverage of that trade to ensure they are reasonable covered to work in the construction space.
9. Cost Tracking – All quotations, invoices and payments will be compiled into a single cost tracking sheet that will allow to client to easily assess the current and future costs of the project. Do the quotes that have been provided line up with the budget expectation, if not….why? Are there addiitonal costs due to a last minute change by the client and how does this affect the final figure? The cost tracking sheet will be issued to the client on a weekly basis.
10. Scheduling – WRCS will prepare a detailed project schedule using Microsoft Project detailing the expected start and finish date and everything inbetween. This will be revised and issued to the client on a weekly basis.
11. Onsite Review and Quality Control - WRCS will commuicate and co-ordinate all trades involved in the project and ensure the work is to the standard and quality expected by the client.
12. Project Completion – WRCS will be last to leave the project site once works are complete. The handover process to the client will include a walkthrough of the project, deficiencies noted and addressed, cleaning of the project site and preparation and presentation of a detailed ‘Project Completion Folder’ that will include everything from drawings and permits to schedules and invoices.